The Art of living
| September 8, 2016


The Hill House

The architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh already had crossed path when I went to school, but to see some of his creations in real life (this one is located in Helensburgh) is quite amazing for an art lover - as I am. He operated in the age of Art Nouveau, when the architect not only designed the look of a building from the outside but wanted to create a total work of art by designing the furniture, too.

For the reason of the preservation of the facility, photography wasn't allowed inside. I'm afraid I can't show you the rooms because that was the real highlight of the building but I'm sure you'll find them in the web. Loved the dark wood and the unique furniture designs (especially the lamps!).



Balmaha

On our way to our next accommodation we made a short stop at Balmaha. Here you have a nice view at the Loch Lomond and many paths for hikes and walks start at this point.




Loch Achray

Yes, Scotland offers many Lochs but this one seemed very beautiful to me, maybe it's because of the soft evening light that makes the water shimmer and dives the whole surrounding into a mesmerizing landscape.







Where to stay

All hotels and B&Bs I recommend to you are more than perfect, but this one really took the biscuit! I literally felt like a princess in a fairytale and ate the best seven-course-menu ever! Exquisite cuisine meets beautiful rooms and perfect location!









Roman Camp Hotel
Off Main Street, Callander
Stirlingshire, FK17 8BG


Would love to welcome you back tomorrow!


No comments

Post a Comment